Do I need a lawyer?

Posted by Chris Morales on Wed, Feb 20, 2013 @ 05:07 PM

It is not necessary for an individual to be defended by an attorney but in most criminal cases when the defendant is facing a possible jail or prison sentence one seeks a criminal defense specialist. Once you have been charged with a crime the next step should be getting in contact with an attorney that will be representing you during court. Until you have been proven guilty you will be presumed to be innocent.

Having an attorney secures will allow you to protect your individual rights and fight for your freedom. Even if you believe you are able to represent yourself it is best to seek for an attorney to present you in court in order to push for a case to be dismissed or to seek for a better disposition offer.

As an attorney I take on the following cases

-         Mail Fraud

-          Security Fraud

-         RICO cases

-         Antitrust cases

-         Tax crimes

-         Money laundering

-          Bankruptcy crimes

-         Environmental crimes

-         Criminal copyright/trademark violations

-         Forfeiture cases

-         Murder

-         Drug crimes

-         Drunk Driving

-         Theft crimes

-         Assault and battery

-         Sex Crimes

-         Three Strikes

-         Juvenile crimes

-         Clean Up prior criminal records

Feel free to visit my website at for additional tips and guidelines, as well as useful videos, FAQs about criminal law, and details on different crimes. Please do not hesitate to contact my office with any and all questions and concerns you have. 

                                     200573 193730824000311 5206822 n

Tags: San Francisco, Assault and Battery, Tax crimes, Drug crimes, Theft crimes, ThStrikes, Clean Up prior criminal records, arrest, DUI, clean up, U.S. Attorney's Office, Bankruptcy crimes, Criminal copyright/trademark violations, Forfeiture cases, mail fraud, Drunk Driving, Security Fraud, RICO cases, Antitrust cases, Environmental crimes, Sex Crimes, Juvenile crimes