Criminal Defense Attorney, Christopher Morales has once again been selected to be on the 2014 Northern California Super Lawyers list.
"Super Lawyers is a rating service of outstanding lawyers from more than 70 practice areas who have attained a high-degree of peer recognition and professional achievement. The selection process is multi-phased and includes independent research, peer nominations and peer evaluations.
Super Lawyers Magazine features the list and profiles of selected attorneys and is distributed to attorneys in the state or region and the ABA-accredited law school libraries. Super Lawyers is also published as a special section in leading city and regional magazines across the country."
Mr. Morales has been in private practice since 1991 and has successfully defended thousands of clients accused of breaking the law. He practices criminal defense in all counties in California, handling misdemeanors, felonies and juvenile cases. Throughout his years as a criminal defense attorney Mr. Morales has been interviewed numerous times on television while defending high-profile clients and was an expert commentator for Fox News on the Scott Peterson murder trial. He also has been quoted in the San Francisco Chronicle as well as the San Jose Mercury News and other newspapers. Chris is an aggressive trial attorney who tries all types of cases including: DUI's, sexual assault, child molestation, three strikes cases, possession of drugs, assault, murder cases and all types of white collar crimes. He handles the toughest cases and has won the respect of judges and prosecutors alike for his tenacious and intelligent defense of his clients. Chris is a native San Franciscan and graduated from U.C. Berkeley and Santa Clara University Law School before starting his private law practice. While in law school, Chris realized that he had a passion and talent for battling the police and prosecutors in criminal cases. This is the reason why he only handles criminal cases.
Years of Selection: Super Lawyers: 2014 – 2012
ABOUT CHRISTOPHER MORALES
Admitted: 1991, California
Professional Webpage: www.sfcriminallawspecialist.com/about.html
Honors and Awards:
- Certified Legal Specialist in Criminal Law, State Bar of California, Board of Legal Specialization, 2003
- PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE -Admitted to the State Bar of California in1991, practicing criminal defense exclusively since 1991 with offices in Redwood City and San Francisco. I handle felony, misdemeanor and juvenile cases. -Certified as a Specialist in Criminal Law by the State Bar of California, Board of Legal Specialization, 2002 -I have tried over seventy-five criminal jury trials, including several high profile cases: -Bilitnikoff Murder Case: The daughter of Hall of Fame football player Fred Biitnikoff was killed by her boyfriend. -22nd & Bryant Street Gang-Rape Case: Largest rape case in San Francisco history, seven members of a gang were accused of raping two girls. -Fernando Murillo Attempted Murder Case: This juvenile was featured on America’s Most Wanted television show; he escaped from a juvenile detention center and went on a three-month shooting and car-jacking crime spree -I have also handled about ten criminal appeals COMMUNITY ACTIVITIES -Member of the Board of Directors, Huckleberry Youth Programs, this organization provides services to homeless youth and to juveniles in the criminal justice system.2008-2010 -Member of the Board of Directors, San Mateo County Bar Association. 2006-2009. -Chairman, Private Defender Committee, San Mateo Private Defender Panel in 2005, member of committee 2004-2006. -Arbitrator for the Attorney-Client Fee Dispute Committees for the Bar Association of San Mateo County and the State Bar of California. -Member of the Board of Directors of the San Francisco Lawyer’s Club, 2003-2005. I chaired the San Francisco Legendary Trials Committee. -Member of the San Francisco Juvenile Justice Coordinating Council, appointed by San Francisco Board of Supervisor President, Matt Gonzalez in March 2003. We distribute over three million dollars to programs that serve youth who are in the criminal justice system. I was the representative of the San Francisco Board of Supervisors on this committee. -Vice-President of the Board of Directors of the San Francisco Hispanic Chamber of Commerce 2001-2002. -Member of State Bar of California, Conference of Delegates, Executive Resolutions Committee 2001, appointed by the Board of Governors, State Bar of California. We evaluated all resolutions that were submitted to the Conference of Delegates for debate. -President of the Board of Directors 1998-1999 of La Raza Centro Legal, a non-profit law firm that represents low-income, Spanish-speaking clients in San Mateo and San Francisco Counties. During my term I oversaw the final stages of unionization of our staff, the hiring of a new executive director and a new accountant. Also during my tenure the agency became financially stable after several lean years. -Founding member of the La Raza Lawyers Association of San Mateo County, President 1995-1996 -Member of the Board of Directors of the Barrister’s Club of the Bar Association of San Francisco1994-1995. -Member of the Bar Association of San Francisco resolutions committee in 1994 and 1995, author of a resolution that passed without debate at the Conference of Delegates.
- Lectured attorneys on avoiding negative immigration consequences of criminal convictions., Lecturer, Bar Association Of San Francisco, 2008
- What are White Collar Crimes?
- Chris Morales Explains the Law of Sentencing
- Did the Police illegally Search you, your car or your House?
- What to Expect at Your Criminal Jury Trial
- Chris Morales' latest Book, 11 Mistakes to Avoid at the Beginning of Your Criminal Case
- How to Clean Up Your Criminal Record
- Chris Morales Explains the 3 Most Important Criminal Laws
- DNA In Criminal Cases
- Christopher F. Morales Reviews AVVO
- San Francisco Criminal Defense Attorney, Chris Morales fights for you.
- Santa Clara University School of Law, Juris Doctor, 1990
- University of California, Berkeley, Bachelor of Arts, Earth Science, 1984